Location: Announced gathering points include, but are not limited to, the following areas in Vienna:
- Central City Hall (Rathaus)
- Zwingli Kirche
- OeVP headquarters
Event: On Thursday, October 3, 2019 from approximately 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., a political march and demonstration by the group “Wieder Donnerstag” is expected to take place and assemble near the OeVP headquarters, in the first district near the Rathaus. The march will proceed along a predetermined path and end near the Zwingli Kirche. Austrian authorities are expecting counter demonstrators to meet the march near the OeVP headquarters near the Rathaus. The demonstration is expected to have over 500 participants with the possibility of meeting counter protesters. See graphic for protest route information here.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the areas of demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Vienna
+43 1 313-39-0
+43 1 313-39-0 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Austria Country Specific Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook