Location: Announced gathering points include, but are not limited to, the following areas in Austria:
- Vienna, 1st District – Maria-Theresien Platz and Ring Road
- Lower Austria – Landhaus Boulevard (St. Pölten)
- Burgenland – Europaplatz 1(Eisenstadt)
- Upper Austria – Landhausplatz 1 (Linz)
- Steiermark – Herengasse 16 (Graz)
- Kärnten – Arnulfplatz 1 (Klagenfurt)
- Salzburg – Chiemseehof (Salzburg)
- Tirol – Maria-Theresien-Straβe 43 (Innsbruck)
- Vorarlberg – Roemerstrasse 15 (Bregenz)
Event: On Wednesday, December 1, the FPOe (Freedom Party Austria) has called for demonstrations and general strike to stop work and take to the streets against COVID-19 mandatory vaccinations.
In Vienna, a demonstration is expected to begin at 1:00 p.m. at Maria-Theresien Platz. At 3:00 p.m. the demonstration will move onto the Ring Road. An estimated 2,500 to 3,500 people are expected to attend. The FPOe is also urging residents across Austria to demonstrate in front of each state’s Parliament building.
Heavy police presence and traffic obstructons should be expected in these areas.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the areas of demonstrations.
- Follow the instructions of authorities and road signs regarding closures and detours.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
U.S. Embassy Vienna
+43 1 313-39-0
+43 1 313-39-0 (after hours)
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444