Location: Announced gathering points include, but are not limited to, the following areas in Austria:
- Vienna, 1st District – Maria-Theresien Platz and Ring Road
- Lower Austria – Landhaus Boulevard (St. Pölten)
- Burgenland – Europaplatz 1(Eisenstadt)
- Upper Austria – Landhausplatz 1 (Linz)
- Steiermark – Herengasse 16 (Graz)
- Kärnten – Arnulfplatz 1 (Klagenfurt)
- Salzburg – Chiemseehof (Salzburg)
- Tirol – Maria-Theresien-Straβe 43 (Innsbruck)
- Vorarlberg – Roemerstrasse 15 (Bregenz)
Event: On Wednesday, December 15 beginning at 1 p.m., there will be a demonstration and general strike to protest Austria’s anti-COVID measures and mandatory vaccinations. An estimated 500 to 2,000 protesters are expected. Separately, protesters are calling for demonstrations outside of each state’s Parliament building.
Heavy police presence and traffic obstructions should be expected.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the areas of demonstrations.
- Follow the instructions of authorities and road signs regarding closures and detours.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
U.S. Embassy Vienna
+43 1 313-39-0
+43 1 313-39-0 (after hours)
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444