Location: Announced gathering points include, but are not limited to, the following areas in Vienna:
- Near the Albertina (1st District next to the Burggarten and the Hofburg)
- 16th District near the Ottakring U3 station
- Keplerplatz in Favoriten (10th District)
- The Graben and Freyung (near the Schottentor U-Bahn Station)
- Heldenplatz (1st District in front of the Hofburg)
Event: Several registered and unregistered protests are expected throughout Vienna this weekend. These demonstrations could be more intense due to the connection with Austrian Labor Day. On Saturday, three Labor Day demonstrations are scheduled near the Albertina, Ottakring and Keplerplatz from 10:45 a.m. to 5 p.m. On Saturday, two demonstrations against COVID-19 measures are scheduled near the Graben and Freyung from 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.. On Sunday, a human rights demonstration is scheduled near Heldenplatz from 12 noon to 6 p.m. Traffic obstructions and public transportation delays are likely.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the areas of demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.