Location: Announced gathering points include, but are not limited to, the following areas in Vienna:
- 1st District: West Train Station, Christian-Broda-Platz to Heldenplatz, 5:00 pm to 7:15 pm.
- The possibility exists that the demonstration may move near the Rathaus area near the OeVP headquarters.
Event: A registered protest is expected in the 1st district of Vienna this evening, September 3. An unscheduled counter protest is possible, increasing the risk of violence.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the areas of demonstration.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Vienna
+43 1 313-39-7535
+43 1 313-39-0 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Austria Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.