- The corner of Boltzmanngasse and Strudlhofgasse (near the U.S. Embassy)
- Votivpark near Votiv-Church
Event: On Saturday, October 2 from 12:30 to 2:00 p.m., there will be a demonstration to protest against the recent changes in Texas law regulating abortions. Separately, beginning at 2:00 p.m., a group called Antifa Wien will hold a demonstration in opposition to various right-wing causes such as Neo-Nazis, Christian Fundamentalists, law enforcement and Austrian government policies. Following the demonstration, there will be a bicycle demonstration in the area. An unscheduled counter protest is possible, increasing the risk of violence.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the areas of demonstrations.
- Follow the instructions of authorities and road signs regarding closures and detours.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Vienna
+43 1 313-39-7535
+43 1 313-39-0 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444