Location: Vienna, Austria.
Event: Vienna Police announced today that there is a credible but non-specific threat of attacks against Vienna churches, based on Austrian intelligence sources. As a precautionary measure, there will be increased presence of police forces throughout the city, some with specialized equipment. The duration of the increased deployment has not yet been determined. Vienna police will issue warnings if there are more specific threats.
Actions to take:
- Keep a low profile
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Follow the instructions of authorities and road signs regarding closures and detours.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
U.S. Embassy Vienna – Consular Section
Parkring 12A, Vienna, 1190, Austria
+43 1 313-39-7535 (weekdays 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
+43 1 313-39-0 (after hours, weekends and holidays)
Embassy website: at.usembassy.gov
Department of State – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates at https://step.state.gov/.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter (@USEmbVienna)