Location: 1st District, Vienna, Austria
Event: Austrian authorities report that they believe the sole terrorist who attacked Vienna’s 1st District yesterday is dead. Police are no longer looking for additional subjects in the 1st District. The gunman fired on six locations causing four civilian deaths and 22 injured. Authorities will continue their investigation and have a heavy police presence in Vienna’s First District for the next few days. U.S. Government personnel in Vienna are no longer required to telework. U.S. government facilities in Vienna will resume normal operations tomorrow, Wednesday, Nov. 4, with some COVID-related restrictions. U.S. Consulate Vienna will resume limited American Citizen Services and visa appointments tomorrow.
Actions to take:
- Inform friends and family that you are ok
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Follow the instructions of local authorities and signs regarding road closures, detours and public transportation disruptions.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Vienna
+43 1 313-39-0
+43 1 313-39-0 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates