There is a continuing police action in Central Vienna with heavy police presence in Vienna’s First District. Subjects related to yesterday’s terrorist attack are still at large as of this morning. Public transportation is disrupted. The Government of Vienna has urged residents to stay indoors and away from downtown Vienna to allow police to focus on the security situation. As a result, U.S. government employees in Vienna will go to 100 percent telework for all facilities. If you have an appointment for services today, please contact us at ConsulateVienna@state.gov to reschedule.
Actions to take:
- Stay indoors and avoid downtown Vienna, especially the First District
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Follow the instructions of local authorities and road signs regarding closures and detours.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Vienna
+43 1 313-39-0
+43 1 313-39-0 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates