Vacancy Announcement Number: 17-01
OPEN TO: Austrian or other Non-U.S. Citizen students, ideally from within the European Union, with a valid permanent residence permit for Austria, who are enrolled as full-time students at one of the Universities or “Fachhochschulen” in Austria. Students must be at minimum 18 years of age.
MISSION: U.S. Embassy in Austria
SECTION/OFFICE: U.S. Commercial Service Vienna
HOURS: Upon agreement, minimum 20 hours per week
DURATION: Minimum 3 months, maximum 4 months
START DATE: Upon agreement, throughout the year
The U.S. Commercial Service assists U.S. companies to do business in Austria with market research, matchmaking services, and support in all aspects of their export activities to Austria. At the same time, we help Austrian firms find U.S. suppliers and joint venture partners, as well as offering our support in all aspects of their import from the United States. To support these objectives, this office analyzes information on the Austrian market, facilitates contacts with Austrian businesses, promotes U.S. products, advocates U.S. business interests, and more. Within this framework, interns will assist our staff with a combination of administrative and analytical duties:
- assistance with the organization of ongoing projects such as trade missions, trade shows, publications, seminars, etc.
- participation in CS organized events and outreach programs
- assistance with the collection of information for industry-specific market research
- a special project may be assigned to an intern, depending on the needs of this office and the abilities of the intern to complete the project
The internship is on a volunteer basis. Note: no benefits, compensation, nor any future employment rights accrue as a result of an internship.
Studies: Diploma or current studies (with successful completion of at least first two years) majoring in one of the following studies: International Relations, Business, Economics, Marketing, or a related field
- German: Fluency in speaking/reading/writing.
- English: Fluency in speaking/reading/writing.
Knowledge/Abilities/Skills: Good computer skills (MS Office, Internet), knowledge in using Salesforce an asset
Application language is English. Interested applicants should submit:
- The completed form “Application for Internship”: please see website of the U.S. Embassy for downloading the form: Application for Internship
- A Statement of Interest describing the applicant’s objectives and motivations in seeking an internship with the U.S. Mission.
- Documentation of status as a full time student at a University or “Fachhochschule” in Austria (i.e. “Inskriptionsbestätigung”).
- For non-Austrian students: Documentation of legal residency in Austria
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO: E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
After an initial application screening, qualified applicants will be invited for an interview.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Students must have a valid health insurance.
- Successful candidates will be required to pass a security and a medical certification.
All selections are made consistent with the State Department’s Non-Discrimination Policy and with the Austrian Gleichbehandlungsgesetz to not discriminate among applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, age or sexual orientation.