Vacancy Announcement Number: 16-01
OPEN TO: Austrian or other Non-U.S. Citizen students, ideally from within the European Union, with a valid permanent residence permit for Austria, who are enrolled as full-time students at one of the Universities or “Fachhochschulen” in Austria. Students must be at minimum 18 years of age.
MISSION: U.S. MISSION TO THE OSCE
SECTION/OFFICE: Public Affairs Section
HOURS: Upon agreement, usually 20 hours per week
DURATION: Minimum 2 months, maximum 4 months
START DATE: Upon agreement, throughout the year
The U.S. Mission to the OSCE (USOSCE) represents the interests of the United States government in the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE). The United States strongly supports the work of the OSCE and views it as a paramount instrument for building a region of stable, open societies in which every country lives at peace with its neighbors. The U.S. Mission to the OSCE engages with the diplomatic representatives of the other participating States, with OSCE staff, and with the wider public in promotion of this vision.
The Public Affairs Section (PA) of USOSCE offers an internship which provides the opportunity to become familiar with the public affairs work of a diplomatic mission. The intern assists with compiling news reviews, researching documents related to OSCE projects, updating the website, contributing to social media activities, and other general PA activities.
Studies: Majoring in one of the following studies: Russian and/or Eastern European studies, Political Science (i.e. conflict prevention), Journalism, Media Studies, Communications, English, Marketing, International Relations, or a related field. Education: Completion of Austrian Matura or International Equivalent.
- English: Fluency in speaking/reading/writing.
- Russian: desired but not necessary
Knowledge/Abilities/Skills: Good computer skills (MS Office, Internet) Knowledge in Social Media techniques would be an asset
Application language is English. Interested applicants should submit:
- The completed form “Application for Internship”: please see website of the U.S. Embassy for downloading the form: Application for Internship
- A Statement of Interest describing the applicant’s objectives and motivations in seeking an internship with the U.S. Mission.
- Documentation of status as a full time student at a University or “Fachhochschule” in Austria (i.e. “Inskriptionsbestätigung”).
- For non-Austrian students: Documentation of legal residency in Austria
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO: E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
After an initial application screening, qualified applicants will be invited for an interview.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Students must have a valid health insurance.
- Successful candidates will be required to pass a security and a medical certification.
All selections are made consistent with the State Department’s Non-Discrimination Policy and with the Austrian Gleichbehandlungsgesetz to not discriminate among applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, age or sexual orientation.