The U.S. Embassy invites Austrian high school students (ages 14-19) to participate in our video contest.
Each video entry should document the legacy of the Marshall Plan and its ongoing success in Austria, i.e. legacy funds are still supporting Austrian companies. As part of this project, students will have the chance to interview representatives of Austrian companies that have received Marshall Plan or legacy funds. (For further information, please see: http://www.lms.at/marshallplan.)
Austrian high school students (ages 14-19);
- 1 minute in length maximum;
- German or English;
- .mp4, .wmv, .mov or .avi format;
- stop-motion, photos, slide-shows, animated or live-action videos.
- Only 1 submission per participant or small team will be allowed;
- Contest platform will be YouTube (see below for how to upload);
- Videos will be judged on the creativity and originality;
- A jury comprised of U.S. Embassy staff, aws (Austria Wirtschaftsservice) and the Austrian Marshall Plan Foundation will select three winning entries;
- Winners will be announced on the U.S. Embassy website and on the U.S. Embassy Facebook page;
- Prizes will be awarded at a ceremony in June 2018;
- Video submissions that do not comply with the YouTube Terms of Service or that otherwise contain prohibited, inappropriate, or irrelevant content will be disqualified;
- Family members of employees of the Tri-Mission Vienna are not eligible to enter the contest.
If you have questions, please contact ViennaMarshallPlan70@state.gov.
- end of February/beginning of March: Deadline for stating your interest in participating;
- March/April 2018: Conduct interviews at companies;
- May 2018: Deadline for submitting videos;
- June 2018: Award ceremony.
- Log in to YouTube at YouTube.com/signup;
- If you already have a YouTube account: sign in to your account;
- If you do not have a YouTube account, please complete the free registration form.
- Once you are registered:
- Log in to your YouTube account;
- Click on the Upload link at the top of the page;
- Click on the Select Files button to locate the video file you’d like to upload to your site;
- Select the file you want to upload and click on Open;
- As the video file is uploading, enter information about your video in the following fields:
- Tags (you have to enter marshallplan to ensure that your video will be considered for the contest);
- Category (optional).
- Make sure to choose the Public option in the Privacy menu;
- Click on the Save changes
- If you forgot to enter information you can always edit after you have uploaded your file. Please check for further instructions under your user name;
- Once a video is uploaded to the YouTube Contest site it is considered final and may not be modified or edited;
- Send the URL of your video to ViennaMarshallPlan70@state.gov, with “Marshall Plan Contest” in the subject line. By doing so you officially enter your video in the contest;
- In your e-mail to the U.S. Embassy, please include your YouTube user name, the name of your video, video URL, and any supporting documentation, e.g. name and address of school, name of teacher (if applicable), etc.;
- The U.S. Embassy will send an e-mail confirming the receipt;
- Please make sure that your video complies with the YouTube Terms of Service